We are looking for a Junior Gas Trader who is ready to learn the specifics of the gas market and join our ambitious gas team with experienced colleagues, who strive to be the best, every day. Do you have quant qualifications and a trader mentality? Do you want to develop and execute trading strategies, analyze data, and implement automated solutions and processes? Then we have the right position and career opportunity for you!
Our Gas Team and the job as Junior Gas Trader in MFT Energy
As Junior Gas Trader in MFT Energy your primary responsibility will be to take part in everyday trading, and develop trading strategies and models for the European markets. In the Gas team we are 19 dedicated colleagues ready to welcome you and support you in your development of becoming a trader.
We do not expect you to have experience within trading, but you should have a deep desire to learn and have an interest in the energy business. If you have Grit and Hunger and want to join a Unity we will provide you with best-in-class training and guarantee a fun work environment, a steep learning curve and a unique career within European Gas trading and quantitative trading analysis.
Besides remote colleagues, and our HQ in Aarhus, we also have trading colleagues working from our Singapore office controlling the night shifts. We support an international career with great abroad working opportunities if you have the talent and interest in such.
- Tools and sparring to kick-start your career in European gas trading and beyond
- A competitive and entrepreneurial work environment
- Professional and committed colleagues with high ambitions
- The opportunity to take on responsibility of projects and tasks from the very start
- A unique chance to develop a trading career and succeed with your personally and professionally development
- The chance to one day have ownership within the company
- An office in the heart of Aarhus
- Celebrative work environment and an entrepreneurial, professional culture, with competent colleagues
- Daily trading and optimization of trading positions
- Develop and implement trading strategies
- Build and maintain quantitative models
- Risk evaluation
- Always question status que
- Apply insight to optimize and rethink automated trading tools
- Develop projects and implement these with support from our specialist colleagues and support teams
- You have an interest in financial markets, stock trading and of course energy markets
- You are competitive by nature and have an analytical approach to everything
- You are a strong team player but can also work independently
- You hold a Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or another relevant background
- You hold the ability and interest to learn complicated datasets and methods, quickly
Working in MFT Energy
You will be part of a young and vibrant working environment in the heart of Aarhus, where you can get a hands-on feel on a variety of tasks in a fast-growing company. We have everything you need and support a modern working approach including beverages, lunch, fruits, great benefits and an energetic work culture. MFT Energy is a transparent and flat organization with entrepreneurship at heart. We are 130 employees working out of our headquarter in Scandinavian Center in Aarhus C and from our international offices in Turkey, Australia and Singapore + several remote colleagues working from all over the world. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to become the best – our belief is that this is done via a fair organizational structure, with the most competent people, based on the right values.
Make the Most of Your Talent! Join us!
Application deadline: 1 February 2023
Start date: March or April 2023
If you think there is a fit between our values and your aspirations, we will be looking forward to receiving your application with a short cover letter, CV and diploma no later than 1 February 2023. For questions, please contact Head of Gas Trading and Operations, Michael Lauritzen at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2175 0901. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis. Start date: March 2023 or when suitable.