Eager to start your trading career? MFT Energy is on a mission to empower entrepreneurs to become the best. Currently we are looking for a student employee to join our successful Intraday Trading Team. The position is 15-20 hours per week.
MFT Energy specializes in power and gas trading. Our unique partner setup equips 134 professionals of which 20 are student employees. We trade 24/7 across 32 countries. Our Intraday Trading team consists of 20 professional Traders and Quantitative Analysts.
Based on our vast experience and strong skills, our vision is to become the most scalable global trading hub. Headquartered in Aarhus with a 3-floor office in Scandinavian Center, we want to attract, retain, and develop the most talented future traders.
The job as Junior Trader
We are looking for a student colleague, who is ready to learn the specifics of the Intraday Power Market. Your responsibilities will be to ensure continually development, implementation and execution of trading strategies while ensuring risk taking are always within the approved mandates.
We do not expect you to have experience within trading, but you should have a deep desire to learn and have an interest in the energy business. If you have Grit and Hunger and want to join a Unity we will provide you with best-in-class training and guarantee a fun work environment, a steep learning curve and a unique career within Intraday trading and quantitative trading analysis.
- A competitive and entrepreneurial work environment
- Professional and committed colleagues with high ambitions
- A unique chance to develop a trading career and succeed with your personally and professionally development
- The chance to one day have ownership within the company
- An office in the heart of Aarhus
- A celebrative work environment and an entrepreneurial, professional culture, with competent colleagues, lunch arrangement, free coffee, fruits, Friday bars etc.
- A culture and DNA that we are very proud of
Responsibilities as Junior Trader in MFT Energy
- Covering a student position (15-20 hours per week) in our high performing Intraday team
- Daily trading and optimization of trading positions
- Develop and implement trading strategies
- Build and maintain quantitative models
- Risk evaluation
- Always question status que
- Apply insight to optimize and rethink automated trading tools
- Develop projects and implement these with support from our specialist colleagues and support teams
Your Qualifications and Personal Skills
- You are most probably studying a bachelor or master’s degree within Finance, Business, Economics, Physics, Mathematics or similar.
- You have an interest in the financial markets, stock trading and of course the energy markets
- You are a positive and competitive person with grit and at the same time, a great team player
- You are passionate about trading and tends to think everyday aspects in bets
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written. Our company language is English
- You hold the ability and interest to learn complicated datasets and methods, quickly
Are you ready to start your trading journey? Please upload your application with your CV and diploma. For more information, you are welcome to contact Jonas Kristoffersen, Lead, Intraday Power Trader at +45 5132 7239 or email@example.com.
Application deadline: 16 February 2023.
Start: March or April 2023.
We look forward receiving your application.