Danmarks Nationalbank invites applications for PhD students wishing to be hosted by the Research Unit and currently conducting their research in one of the areas of interest to the bank within Economics or Finance. The fellowships offer support for 6 to 12 months.
The fellowship includes:
- An office space for you to focus and work in
- Research cost for your projects as well as travel costs
- Stipend equivalent to the stipend offered to students enrolled in a doctoral programme in Economics at a Danish University
- Danish health insurance
- Any necessary working equipment
PhD fellows should already be well advanced in their PhD studies, having completed all their coursework, submitted a PhD thesis proposal, and expecting completion of their PhD dissertation within at most 18 months.
Danmarks Nationalbank invites applications for fellowships to support students enrolled or wishing to enrol in a PhD programme in Economics or Finance.
We are especially interested in students planning to work in macro-finance, macrolabor, economic modelling, and exploit the extensive household and firm microdata, credit registry and big datasets available in Denmark.
You will be a part of an international research environment as well as a unique workplace and Danmarks Nationalbank professional and social community. Fellows are strongly encouraged to use the extensive data available at Danmarks Nationalbank for their research, collaborate on research projects Nationalbanken’ s economists, present their work to the banks economists.
We offer the opportunity to work within theoretical and empirical macroeconomics, micro data analysis, and financial economics and econometrics.
Since the fellowship requires regular presence in the bank, this programme is predominantly addressed to students enrolled at a university in the Copenhagen area. Students enrolled at more distant universities should specify in their application how they plan to engage in PhD course work and faculty mentoring while also being present at the bank on a regular basis.
Fellows must maintain good standing in their academic programme at all times, and will be assessed for continuing in the visiting programme after 3 to 6 months.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received at Danmarks Nationalbank. Review of applications will close on 1 March 2019.
To apply, please submit:
- A detailed CV
- Official transcript of the PhD courses and Master courses attended
- Dissertation proposal including a literature review
- Evidence of excellence in research, including past completed research papers
- A letter from the director of the PhD programme supporting your application
- A timeline for your proposed PhD studies
- Three letters of reference, including one from your main supervisor